YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Monday, March 20, 2023

Selfless Charity is Source of Happiness

 Pranaam!! I am writing a post after a long gap. Hope each one of you must be in pink of your health and attaining new heights in Sadhana and meditation continuously. I was not on sabbatical . I was writing L.L.B. 5th Semester Exam actually. After the exam, I went to my hometown to attend some social work. On the way to my home town I was reading Ram-charit-manas. I found the following Chaupai very meaningful [Though each and every line written has very deep meaning]

                        "कीरति भनिति भूति भलि सोई। सुरसरि सम सब कहँ हित होई॥"

                        भावार्थ-
                        कीर्ति, कविता और सम्पत्ति वही उत्तम है, जो गंगाजी की तरह सबका हित करने वाली हो।

I gave a deep thought over it and interpreted in a way that if you are a very famous man due to your wisdom, money power, political power or due to any other reason, if your name and fame is not doing  any welfare work to the masses then it is useless and meaningless. Similarly, you may be a good and famous writer but if your writing is not useful to the common man, then it is useless and meaningless. At the same time, you may be wealthy and may be minting millions of dollars every day but if this money or wealth in any form is not being used for the welfare of public then it is also useless and only accumulation of wealth which will bring problems in future.

      It is such a powerful line which made me think for very long time. Tulsidas ji was such a great saint who only can write such a beautiful and meaningful powerful lines with deep meaning. If we can follow his advice given in above Chaupai then world will be a very different place to live. This is the subtle meaning behind the myriad of discourses by Swami ji on Daan, Charity and being compassionate and loving. If we are not doing it, then we are in-fact wasting our life.

     Now coming to my own experience this past week. I went to my hometown. With the help of village Pradhan [Elected Village Chief], We identified 20 poor families and 40 other families who are poor and don't have enough resources to sustain their lives in a better way. We distributed 20 sewing machines to ladies of 20 different families and blankets to other 40 families. I was observing the faces of the recipients of these goods. They all were so happy to get these goods. The sewing machine can be a very important tool to make the rural woman self sufficient and empowered. They can stitch clothes and even can produce handkerchiefs and other daily usage items. By selling these things, they can have continuous source of income which will help their kids to study in good schools and can be helpful in medical emergency. It has been observed in several studies that whatever small some of money if one can generate continuously every month, it has huge multiplier effect on the whole family. One Sewing machine if properly used and maintained can help generations of same family. I hope, with the help of these sewing machines, at least We might be successful in making 20 ladies empowered which in turn might help average five other family members to live with dignity and self respect. 

            During the whole process of arranging this donation camp, I realised that the nature comes to support you from all sides. Due to cost competitiveness, We purchased the sewing machines from Kanpur. Now the questions was of safe transportation from Kanpur to this rural village which is around 120 Km from Kanpur. Suddenly, one of my friend called me and I discussed my problem with him and immediately he arranged safe transportation of goods with excellent packing free of cost. Similar other incidences happened during this charitable event where I realised the importance of giving. Nature tried to return me in multiples. I got so emotional that it is difficult to explain my feelings in words. I was full of gratefulness to Sri Hari [The experience I will share later on]. After the event, We all were so happy and felt peace in our heart. So the takeaway from my last week experience is give and give with both hands without expecting anything in return. Nature is bound to return to multiple times... Comments are welcome.


No comments: