YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Saturday, May 19, 2012

IAS Vs IRS.....Reply to Mr Rohit Shukla

Mr Rohit Shukla:- Dear Sir ,
Firstly thanks a lot for your valuable help towards all civil service aspirants . Sir , I have cleared CSE 2011 and will probably get IRS (IT) . My query is that I am in a dilemma whether to try once more for IAS or stop here . I know that IAS has better and wider public interface but in order to achieve my goals in public service I think I can do them with few innovations while being in IRS only . Why I am asking this is that I personally want some balance between my personal and professional life and at the same time work in the prestigious service that helps me to perform my duties as a citizen better. Kindly help me resolve this dilemma .Thanks a lot!!
Manmauji:- Hello Mr Rohit Shukla, thanks for your visit on the blog and congrats for your grand success in CSE-2011....Regarding your query, as I have posted numerous blogs on this topic, if you are satisfied with your present service then remain in it and clear all the air from your mind...There is ample scope in all the services to grow and do the National Service. In fact it entirely depends on the individual choice...Regarding time management, it is true that you can give more and quality time to your family if you are in IRS as compared to IAS. But it is a subjective and debatable topic because you need to prioritise your things in both services IAS or IRS. Thus, You have to choose a line balancing your desire,facilities available,power,family and personal likings....further query is welcome...keep on blogging...







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sir,

I am hoping to get allotted to IRS (C&CE) based on CSE 2011 rank. Could you please give me a brief outline of what happens after the training at Faridabad? Will we be posted to our home state, or is that not an option? What will our designation be at the time of joining? Will we be given any facilities like housing or transport? Thank you very much for taking the time to answer.

Anonymous said...

Sir,
Question regarding cadre allocation policy.
My home state as declared in mains form is MP. But in my state preferences I chose UP as first preference and MP as second preference.

What is going to be my home state as per cadre allocation policy ?

Anonymous said...

Dear Sir,
Please solve my dilemma.

I am in IRS. 5 months into training.
This year my rank is 218 and I will get IPS.
I will join IPS only if I get hindi belt. Preferably UP(outsider - my 1st preference), MP(home state).

1. What is the concept of lien(technical resignation)?
2. Is EOL allowed in IPS ? i have one more attempt left.
3. If I join IPS and get south/east cadre plus i resign from IRS and not able to give a shot at IAS again. Then it is all lose lose situation.
4. Is there a way by which I can find out my cadre before joining the FC. How to do a rough estimate?

Thanking you sir,
Regards

mahesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mahesh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rizzi said...

I request you to please review an ias prelims course for me as I am interested in enrolling in them but need your expert guidance. The ias prelims course is at http://www.wiziq.com/course/5470-philosophy-for-upsc-ias-mains-exam.

waiting for a satisfactory response !

ias coaching in chandigarh said...

In my opinion however these are very important factors. Thanks a milion for your personal concern and additionally results!