YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Monday, March 20, 2023

A small act of kindness brought Infinite happiness

 Pranaam!!I met one beautiful couple few days ago who came from one European country [to maintain privacy name, place and country is not mentioned]. They were enjoying woods and solitude, fresh air, fresh water and complete freedom given by Indian constitution [which is denied in their country as told by them]. They were overwhelmed and very satisfied soul. During interaction, I found that they belong to some country where government of the day is highly intolerant, so they have migrated to other country and working in some company where salary is not very good. They said that despite of not many resources, they are able to travel the world and have explored different places. I thought how lucky they are. I felt pity on myself who has millions of excuses to not to travel abroad. We exchanged numbers on departure and wishes best time with a promise to meet again in near future. During adieu, they said that they are going to visit some historically significant place before leaving India. 

      After few days, in early morning I have received one disturbing message on my WhatsApp from this couple. I immediately called them to inquire. I was stunned to know their ordeal in that particular historical town. They were badly cheated by few miscreants in the name of shopping artifacts and other things. I was deeply pained from inside and felt very bad that due to few foolish people, our whole country gets very bad name. Indian government want to promote tourism but such bad behavior by some brings very bad name. I tried to pacify them and suggested some ways to recover their stolen amount. I also promised to put words to local police through my contacts there if issue is not resolved. After few hours, I checked with them, and they said that partial amount looted from them has been recovered. I was relieved slightly. The couple thanked me profusely for listening their ordeal. Sometimes, even listening patiently somebody's' difficult issue have soothing impact on the victims.

           I further inquire about their plans. They said that they are moving to another historical town for only one day and afterwards they will depart to their country. So, as a precaution, I advised few things keeping in mind the possible scenario of repetition of cheating episode. They want to buy some local products from this new place. So, I enquired from my local contacts there and send the address and location so that they can get quality products at reasonable price. Further I asked them if any other assistance is required from my side. During discussion, I got the feeling that they are finding trouble in getting good transport back to Delhi at reasonable price. So, I offered from my side that I will arrange transport for which they need not worry as they have already lost good amount of money so as a guest of my country, I will arrange the transport as a departing gift. My idea was to make them feel welcomed, valued and cared so that They can leave this country with a positive note and forget about their ordeal in one historical town. So, I arranged one SUV for them. I transferred some advance booking amount to the vehicle owner and gave him clear instruction to not to disclose the actual fare to the guests. The driver reached at their hotel before reporting time. They felt overwhelmed by seeing nicely dressed driver with clean big vehicle. The couple continued asking me the amount to be paid to the vehicle. I requested them to forget about it. But they were insisting too much. I thought that they might feel otherwise so I sent message to the driver to disclose only half of the fare amount to them as actual fare as I have already transferred half of it. They landed Delhi safely. The couple would never come to know about my partial transfer of amount to taxi guy.

      Though this is a very small gesture from my side, and I don't have any intention to glorify myself by sharing this story but the point I want to make here is the amount of happiness I got within to help them at a time when they need it. One can imagine an ordeal in foreign unknown land and how one must be feeling in such pathetic and sad situations. I think this small gesture of help immensely impacted me. I felt that doing a kind act without expecting anything in return gives you true happiness. That is exactly the message being given by Pujya Swami ji in his discourses that one should always be kind and compassionate. 

No comments: