YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Monday, March 20, 2023

Are You Losing Track on the Path of Sadhana??

 Pranaam!! Sometimes, I experience wave of emotions full of negativity or depressing thoughts. Then times come, when everything looks so awesome, beautiful and divine. I start doubting whether I have split personality issue. How is it possible that within same person, a deep emotion of spirituality emerges and sometime tsunami of negative and all bad thoughts strikes at lightning speed. 

     After reading the numerous posts of Swami ji and going through discourses, I realized that such things are very common. Nothing to worry about it. Infact, I don't have any split personality, I strongly believe. The average human mind experienced 60000 thoughts in 24 Hrs as per Swami ji. So, thoughts per se are not good or bad. It is the nature of mind to enjoy negative thoughts. Thoughts will come and go. We need to be alert and mindful all the time to filter our thoughts. If we try to control the incoming flow of thoughts, we might not be successful. However, if we can be just remain spectator of these waves of thoughts, then we may experience that suddenly the speed of incoming thoughts decreases. We can imagine our mind as a football field and thought as a football. One thought in the form of football comes in, it bounces over the grass on field and moves out of field. Then another thought in the form of football comes in and bounce back. We are silently watching the bouncing of our thoughts. Is not it a beautiful imagination? So, key is being mindful. If we are mindful, then we would not be chasing a particular thought and we will not engage with it. Because engaging with a particular thought is dangerous as it will start a karmic cycle as we will pursue to achieve the objective of that thought particularly if it is for wrong things. Therefore, I realized that whenever I feel to lose the track in Sadhana, I need to work on my mindfulness quotient through meditation and devotion with discipline. Sometimes, I feel that loosing mindfulness in between must be the reason behind downfall of some of the famous Saints (If I can call them so) in India in last few years. Since, human mind is always an erratic organ which tries to engage and enjoy negative thoughts, so if someone stops being mindful then whoever he or she may be, will definitely fall prey to such negative thought and in that course, might lose the track of Sadhana.

   So, the crux of my reading so far is to be mindful and alert always. For that, I need to work upon my meditation sessions routinely. I need to be kind and grateful all the time. This is my take on the above topic. Comments are welcome.

No comments: