YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Monday, March 20, 2023

Grateful..Grateful....What else??

 Pranaam!! Last weekend, I visited the place in western Uttar Pradesh for some family function. Since, it is very cold nowadays, I saw people sitting around fire to make themselves comfortable. I saw kids running on the field. Some have shoes and some not. Lot of village people don't have adequate woolen clothes to cover their body. I got so emotional by seeing the state road transport bus whose windows were not properly closed and people were travelling in that bus including kids. All of them must be feeling very cold and uncomfortable. I was travelling in SUV which is fitted with advance gazettes. Instant sense of gratitude and emotion of gratefulness filled my heart. In the day-to-day life when we think that we are struggling a lot to maintain our lifestyle, we tend to forget that how our life is comfortable which might be a distant dream of millions of people. In one post Swami ji wrote a beautiful article on 'Wake up-Time is running out'. It has very deep meaning for each one of us regarding life and how to live it. As I started reading further, I am getting the significance of the concept of feeling grateful all the time. As Swami ji wrote in one post "No matter how terrible things may be, there is still plenty everyone has to be grateful for. Being grateful for what you have helps you to be positive and strong". It is such a powerful and beautiful message.  

    On my return journey I bought some good quantity of  peanuts from road side vendor. I ate some of them. I liked the sound when I crack the cover to take out the peanuts. They were very tasty and specially in winter. When I reached my residence at New Delhi in late night, lady employed at my residence opened the gate with a very warm welcome smile. I thanked her for her presence at the odd hours of winter night. Since, it was very chilled outside, so I thought to gift all those remaining peanuts to her. She felt so happy to receive these peanuts to crack and eat at leisure. Such small acts of giving makes me so happy from inside. That's the reason, Swami ji always preach to give,give and give. That is the surest path of happiness I believe.  

     Last week, I read on Os.me, one heart touching experience of Diya Om ji in Kenya and how she felt grateful for everything she has in her life. The similar emotions overpowered me during my visit last weekend. I am just grateful, grateful and grateful for everything I have in my life and pray to Shri Hari to bless everyone with happiness and comfort.    

No comments: