YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Monday, October 23, 2017

My experiment and experience with Running....physical fitness Mantra No 1

Hello Everyone, sorry for unable to update the blog frequently due to various other engagements in office and outside. I am starting a new column on physical fitness specially focusing on Running.I feel that in the era of polluted and adulterated food, there is a strong need that each one of us should remain healthy. To remain healthy and fit, one must take some sports or follow some physical exercise routine.Here, I will try to share my experiences during long running, its various aspects and various challenges being faced by me. I will also share the methodology through which I tried to overcome these challenges. I hope, my experiences will help some of you while facing similar challenges.

        I tried to realize my dream run for 21 Km. It was an effort towards actual half marathon event being organised on 29th October at Colaba,Mumbai. This event is being organised by Mumbai Customs.
Just to share with you all about the mental turbulence and obstacles created by my mind during last two rounds of 21 km. I have a luxury of lake side track of 2.6km in Navi Mumbai. When I started, my calf muscles start paining. It usually happens frequently whenever I run due to weak muscles probably. I tried to divert my mind from this pain. After two rounds, the pain vanished. Then I rain 15 km comfortably. The last two rounds were a big challenge thrown not by my body muscles but my mental block/fear. In second last round, my mind start giving logic to stop for some time,take rest,go to washroom for 2 minute,take break and stretch,etc etc...Since I was one of few who were running in park , my mind was giving numerous logic.But, I gave tough direction to mind that at any cost I need to complete 21 km today irrespective of logic u give.. Somehow, I completed 17.5km...Then came the moment of going for last round.My mind re bounced with some silly logic such as please  stop and take selfie, drink water,etc..At one point, mind start abusing me that you are  a fool..you should not put too much pressure on your legs, this last round will hamper your chance to participate in final event as your legs will break today, etc etc...At this critical juncture, I started visualizing Mr Usain bolt run and chanting of 1,2,1...An informal drill I learnt at NPA, Hyderabad. Finally, I was able to complete the dream run for 21 km. Yesterday, I learnt a lesson that long running is a mind game although we need basic strength in body. It is all about firm determination and overcoming on your mind and silly excuses generated by mind at that moment. At last,it gives immense satisfaction and confidence. I remember the time where I was unable to run even 2 km but today I can proudly say that I can run for 21 km. Dreaming to run full marathon in time to come.
You can participate in the upcoming half marathon on 29th OCt,2017 at Mumbai...keep on blogging...

No comments: