YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Regarding GS...Reply to Miss Harshita

Miss Harshita : Sir, I am reading ancient and medieval history with the intention of preparing for prelims and main. Reading from TMH General Studies Manual(the big fat book which has every subject of GS in it). 1. Is that book good and recommended?2. What all do I need to study for ancient and medieval history? There is so much detail about everything...art, culture, literature, economics, administration, trade...!!
Manmauji: Hello Miss Harshita, thanks for your visit on the blog... though TMH is a good collection of facts but it is too bulky...For history, you can rely on NCERT books only....further query is welcome..keep on blogging..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for taking care of my query.
I am unable to fetch the old NCERT books.
1. Are the new ones enough to cover all the topics?

2. I agree about the bulkiness of the book, and I wont mind that if it is helping me prepare for the mains too. My concern is if I am referring the correct material and if they are sufficient for clearing the papers.

3. Apart from TMH Manual and NCERTs, I am referring to 'A brief introduction to Modern India' - Spectrum publication, Lakshmikant for polity, Pratiyogita darpan for economics, and The Hindu. geography is one of my optionals for the mains so I am relying on my preparation for that.

Pls let me know if I need to modify any of these. My aim is to clear the papers this time itself, in my 1st attempt. :O