YOU ARE MY PRECIOUS VISITOR NUMBER

Translate this page

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Does IPS has any exit value in Private sector...Reply to Miss/Mr Anonymous

Miss/Mr Anonymous:- Sir,
Today we see that many IAS officers go to the private sector and come back to service.
Also IRS officers do have good exit value in the private job market.
Is there any exit value of an IPS for private sector ?
 
Manmauji:- Hello Miss/Mr Anonymous, thanks for your visit on the blog...Regarding your query, you have rightly said that numerous IAS,IRS officials are quitting jobs and joining private sectors....They have huge exit value.....IPS officers do have exit value...I know one IPS officer from Bihar cadre who quit IPS as an SSP and joined private sector...He has visited more than 100 countries and now he is member of parliament (MP)....therefore, the exit value of a person is not from his position...it depends on how much knowledge/caliber he/she has...private sector requires knowledge,efficiency and expertise..if you have it, you will be required and demanded...it does not matter whether you belongs to IAS,IPS or IRS...you can be from any service....further query is welcome....keep on blogging...

2 comments:

Gopal said...

Dear Manmauji, I got one basic doubt in Economics. I hope you can help me. I request you to be patient enough to read this doubt and clarify me. I don’t know what adjectives to add in front of the word doubt to describe the kind of doubt that I have?


First let me tell you, that I find it difficult to put my doubt in proper way. I am not sure if I can express the doubt in an elucidate manner, but I hope you can sense and understand my question. Here goes my doubt. Every day we read in the newspapers about investments in India. Be it FDI or FII, or any sort of investment for that matter. Or, let me say, not only investments but also any loans that government takes or any sort of activity which helps government raise money from people (by issuing bonds), RBI (printing currency), foreign governments (sovereign bonds) etc..... Now here is second part, government uses this money for development projects, be it constructing roads, ports, railways, airports or establishing hospitals or educational institutions or for running a country any sort of governmental activity.

Gopal said...

The basic point of doing all these things is for better living conditions, accommodating growing population etc... I hope I am right till here. Now, why is that interest rates in developing countries are more than that observed in developed countries? From Money-Lenders point of view it is understandable that they want to offset the risk in lending to developing country1 by demanding more interest. India has some debt. Be it internal or external. How is that India hopeful to clear off this debt? Is it by consuming its natural resources or by adopting effective measures in the current existing ineffective practices...Please let me know if my understanding given below is right or wrong.


Let’s say India borrows some 5 billion US Dollars. Now, in case of using its natural resources it can invest in some oil exploration, mining which generates revenue thereby providing facilities and clear off its debt. Or in case of investing in infrastructure projects (I mean roads, railways, airports, ports etc.), it improves connectivity, transportation and trade thereby reducing wastage of goods and services2. Or let’s say India invests in education sector. It also pays dividends later by way of educated economy which also generates revenue and helps us pay off debts3. So, I assumed that by investing in infrastructure projects, it somehow reduces inefficiency in our current procedures and somehow generates revenue. So, we can clear off the debt at later time. Apart from these there are also investments in health care, defence, etc... These are all fine for improved living conditions and all.